Oh wow today is Thankful Thursday!!! I almost forgot. It’s been hard for me to get my mind back on track since returning home from AZ, having messed up my weeks more then once now. I am so lucky though to have very kind and patient people around me.
Today let’s go on a journey of gratitude for the smallest of things.
1) my very cozy bed this morning… a couple extra hours just luxuriating in the warmth and comfort of it.
2) the morning walk to Kendall Mountain Cafe with a neighbor of mine for a nice breakfast by the coal fire while watching the snow fall from the window at our seat. Kendall Mountain is my ex-son-in-law’s establishment. It warms my heart to see him doing so well with it.
3) I spied something beautiful last night…
Looking at him just makes me happy! I spent the night making up names for him. Even though he will never be mine. Fire Horse, Thunder Storm, Romance Writer, Rio Ranger, He Who Makes Thunder, Storm Chaser, Cheveyo (Spirit Warrior)… and on and on. Makes me smile!
4) The twinkle in Dragon’s (the bearded dragon) eye each morning when we say our morning salutations together.
5) Lessons that touch our heart or make us take pause.
(Photo from: “The Jungle of Life” I love what this guy has to share!)
Like reuniting with a friend just to lose them again. Sobering…. or maybe the friendship was never what you thought it was or could be. Letting go and loving unconditionally regardless of the outcome. I choose to love my friend with all my heart… unconditionally.
6) Feathers… just because they are exquisite!
(Artist Julie Thompson – more of her amazing work can be seen at Toxel.com)
7) Dragons… yes I love dragons. They remind me much of myself – finding myself sometimes against all odds in a world that doesn’t understand me fully… nor I it. But I’ll stand bold and brave in the face of armored knights with their spears and lances, and unleash the fire from within. Yep I love Dragons!
Wait… wait… here it comes…
hehehe… don’t get burnt!
Okay not the most finite or subtle or minute of things to be grateful for. But a journey non-the-less into who I am and how I feel – from the grace of a beautiful creature called horse, to the lessons of love and lost of friendships that will be carried deeply within. From the beauty and delicate nature of the feather and the vision it brought to one artistic eye, to the fire that lies beneath this quiet persona. Beware of Dragons! No one loves more deeply than, nor rises more violently than one of a Dragon’s heart.
Yummm.. I love this stuff! Puts this huge smile on my face and makes me want to give thanks for simply being alive. To be able to use my imagination, while witnessing the imaginations of others. To know what it really means to love unconditionally. All of it even the pain and suffering that sometimes accompanies the wonderful things in life. I am so thankful for all of it.
Popularity: 3% [?]